Viking Corp in Oregon, Wisconsin - Viking Dishwasher

Oregon, Wisconsin

I spent $1,600 on a stainless steel Viking dishwasher that I thought would be worth the extra money and was very wrong. It broke down several times, sensors, motherboard, water leaks, etc.

and Viking wouldn't stand behind it. So I removed it and bought a Maytag that's been working great, cost half as much, and is even quieter than the Viking. And to top it off, I just got a recall from Viking that their dishwashers have been starting fires. Their own letter says over 21 fires have been reported.

Thank God I got rid of that POS dishwasher already.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Product support.

Viking Corp and Carl Scheidel Wont help Me!!

I spent over $12,000 for a Viking Stove and Hood with the ventilation system. I had lakes Appliances in Mt HOlly NJ service my oven several times, last time my blower motor went, they had ordered me a new one under warranty, but when the motor came in it is the wrong one.

Now it is out of warranty and Lakes Appliances and Carl Scheidel in North Jersey who is the distributor wont give me the right one because it is now out of warranty. The motor they sent me is still new in the box. I called Viking and Scheidel and they put me on hold for over 30 minutes hoping I guess will hang up. I spoke with Kathy at Carl Scheidel who was very rude and wouldnt even try to help me.

I called back Viking and spoke with Amber @ Ext 1617 and Jennifer at Ext 2054, left over 8 messages for both no one will call me back from Viking their # is 888-845-4641 I cannot believe that a company like this treats their customer this way. I would have done better going to Sears. I will not go away, I plan on filing in small claims court claim against both Lakes Appliances as well as Carl Scheidel who is the distributor in North Jersey.

It will cost them time and money to answer for the way they treat customers.